Make Mealtimes Better: Structure, Nurture & Boundaries
This accessible on-line workshop series is designed for parents/carers of older infants, toddlers and pre-school children. It provides a space alongside others to listen, learn, share, practice and develop tools and strategies to make mealtimes better.
Who should attend?
For infants and young children with, and for families seeking support with
- food refusal/aversion, feeding anxieties/previous adverse experience
- helping your child/family to eat well
- prolonged difficulty with texture
- excessive gagging or vomiting
- limited feeding skills, experience and range of foods eaten
- prolonged illness or hospital admissions
- sensory difficulties and highly selective eating
- tantrums at the table, difficult feeding behaviours
Young children and parents/carers can get stuck in selective eating/food refusal for many different reasons. And although it’s helpful to unpick those reasons, it’s good to explore ways of bridging gaps, whether that’s nutrition, tools and strategies or managing the moment. There are no single magic answers, but there are some very useful ideas, tools and strategies you can learn, and which do help. Take control, give yourself some agency, share your experience and come and take part! Make Mealtimes Better Workshop Overview gives you a flavour of the key themes of structure, nurture and boundaries.
Workshop Dates for 2023
3 x 60-minute sessions, fortnightly on Tuesdays at 1.30 – 2.30pm, Cost £60
- May 2023: 2nd, 16th, 30th
- June 2023: 6th, 20th June and 4th July
- September/October 2023: 12th, 26th September and 10th October
- November/December 2023: 7th, 21st November and 5th December