1st Saturday Workshop dates for Summer 2019
at the Beechwood Clinic, CB2 1NT
1st June, 6th July, 3rd August and 7th September
9.30 – 11.30am (please arrive for a 9.30 start)
Cost £40 per person, £20 for accompanying partner/guest
The best time to attend Why Infant Feeding Matters is from 34 weeks of pregnancy until around 6-8 weeks after birth. It is always a privilege to advise and support parents one-to-one, whose infants have feeding difficulties, as I do in my dietetic clinics . However, many parents tell me that gaining awareness and knowledge about infant feeding at an earlier stage would have been of great value to them. And so this introduction to Why Infant Feeding Matters in a Workshop setting aims to do just that, and is developed with healthy babies in mind! Your questions and contribution to discussion within the workshops is a fantastic way to make the content really relevant to your own situation and further embed your learning.
My hopes then for the workshops are that by providing this essential information earlier, parents will gain awareness and knowledge at a time which allows them to make informed choices, to feel more confidence and experience more joy in feeding their babies. Here is an overview!
- breast and bottle feeding – everything a baby needs for 6 months!
- how do babies feed?
- what are the differences – nutrition, non-nutritive factors
- practical considerations, costs, choices, support
- what do we know about infant feeding and health?
- what do we know about the development of the microbiome?
- responsive milk feeding – what is it and how does it work?
- guidance here for breast and formula fed babies
- nutrition for breast feeding mums – hydration, brain, bone and gut health
- development of feeding skills from newborn to 6 months and beyond
- growth and development – establishment of milk feeding patterns & readiness for solids
Leave a Reply